Finally approaching Halloween! Today I cut the pumpkin free and set out to carve it. It was more difficult than I had anticipated, as the pumpkin was entirely solid! This is because it was underdeveloped due to poor feeding in it’s early stages.
Thankfully, it was still carvable after carving away the inside first. I used the “Lenny” template from Pumpkin Lady
The garlic and onions are slowly developing. They should slow down as we approach winter, and should survive any frost, to be harvested early next year.
The Butternut Squash was a failure, for the same reasons as the Pumpkin.
I’ve learned a lot about growing these past few months, and I think I can do a much better job next year!